Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday, July 20th, 2010

Hello one and all --

Craig reminded us this morning that it is only 5 months until his birthday, so I guess there is enough protein getting to the brain.

I haven't been writing much because I have been waiting for something new and fabulous and exciting to share with you. But alas, it is going to be small little baby steps of change and improvement.

The dialysis has morphed from 3 times a week to every 5 days. We still go in Monday, Wednesday and Friday, labs are drawn, and then we are told whether dialysis will be done that day or not. So far the dialysis seems to be happening on a Monday, Friday, Wednesday, Monday, Friday, Wednesday, etc schedule.

The biggest problem clinically is the swelling in the lower legs and feet. Craig has little sausage toes and the tops of his feet are like pillows, and you can leave an impressive fingerprint in his lower legs (kind of like a tempuropedic mattress).

For those of you who like numbers, the creatinine is 2.6, although the nephrologist says it is meaningless in the setting of dialysis.

We have an appointment with our original Infectious Disease doc in early August(when he returns from vacation)and I hope he is prepared to do some additional workup (although our nephrologist says Craig has had 100% more workup than most with his condition).

A beautiful sunset happening right this very moment.

Love, Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment