Hello, all you lovely people --
I guess the fact that I am doing the Saturday blog on Sunday morning is probably a good sign that nothing dramatic has happened.
The creatinine on Saturday was 4.47 (Friday was 4.42) so it seems to be stabilizing. This is good. Overall I would say Craig is feeling better. He continues to get IV Lasix (water pill) to get fluid off and his weight is down a couple of pounds again. My guess is he will be discharged early next week. I wonder if he will need to continue his special renal diet -- I imagine so. It is rather bland and limited.
Craig got lots of rest yesterday. I was sitting through 6 hours of dance recitals for Nick and Amanda (one at 1 pm, one at 6 pm) so that was my full time job yesterday. It was sweet to see Amanda up there with her bright pink cast on with 3 other little girls doing their tap and ballet routines. Amanda seemed nervous and unsure beforehand, but really seemed to know the routines onstage and I was proud of her. Nick did a hip-hop number that ended with them jumping off stage toward the audience at the end - it was so fun.
I've been bringing all your cards to Craig at the hospital and he has enjoyed receiving them. Thank you all so much.
Love, Sharon
Hi Craig and Sharon and family. Sounds like things are stabilizing which I'm delighted to hear! Remarkable how many dermatologists we know have expressed their concern and best wishes. Many people are praying and cheering for you.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I grew up with a westie. They're great! Yet another reason on top of your family to get home soon!
Dan (Berg)
Well here's one to lighten Craig's day. Our Jack Russell got a little too excited during our awful weather over the weekend and left a little present in our living room. Mary, on her way to the window to check out the rain & wind found it with her bare foot. (The dog instantly became "my" dog so the clean up duties were delegated to the fat guy who has trouble bending over.)
ReplyDeleteYou're in our thoughts and prayers every day!!
Love,
Dave & Mary
PS. We watched Radio Home Makers again this weekend. That Evelyn Birkby.......SHE IS SOMETHING!!! Too bad she doesn't live in West Virgiia, they'd make her a Senator and she COULD DO IT!!!