Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wednesday, June 23rd, 2010

Greetings lovely people --

Here's the latest. The creatinine is up a bit again today to 4.2 with a BUN in the 90's -- we need those numbers to at least stabilize and preferably start to go down before Craig can be discharged. Best guess is that he will be in the hospital at least through the weekend.

The nephrologist has mentioned dialysis as a short term possibility. It would be done for 3 days straight in the hospital and then 3 times a week as an outpatient. He does not feel we need to start it today.

Craig is getting more Lasix today (60 mg) -- backing off from yesterdays dose of 80 mg IV. Weight is down a little but still swollen in the arms and legs. On Prednisone 60 mg every day.

I would say that Craig is feeling better overall -- still quite weak but better. Appetite still down but Debbie Sharp's homemade chocolate chip cookies definitely tempted him (we all enjoyed them :)

Craig is creating quite a stir walking the halls in his polarfleece farm tractor motif bathrobe, lovingly crafted by his mom Evelyn.

More beautiful flowers arrived today -- the room looks as cheery as a hospital room could, thanks to friends and family. All for now ...

Love, Sharon

3 comments:

  1. To our buddy Craigers,
    We are sick with worry. We anxiously await each and every posting that's made hoping it will bring good news about a "turnaround" in kidney function. Please know that we are all praying for a speedy recovery. I wish I could offer my dermatology services for you. If only I would have followed thru with that Mohs fellowship! Sharon, I am on the plane if you need me! Seriously!!! I have some time off coming up and would be glad to help out in any way I can. Sherri and Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sharon and Nick, for your informative blog posts - we are tracking them closely here. Sending Craig our very best wishes, and know we're praying for you all each day.

    Lots of love,
    Kelley, Ken, and Bradford

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could be there to help out. Keep up the good spirits. The Rice family sends many prayers and much love across the country.

    ReplyDelete